Gamer Friendly Venues in Edinburgh
The recent fire at the Meadow Bar has got me thinking: are there any pubs left in Edinburgh with free function rooms? Given the credit crunch, I’d suspect that there may be fewer centrally – although further out of town there may be more!
- Meadow Bar (Buccleuch Street)
- Illegal Jacks (the current venue for ORC, Lothian Road)
- Jekyll & Hyde (Hanover Street)
- Espionage (Victoria Street)
- Cumberland Bar (Cumberland Street)
- Cafe RenRoc (Montgomery Street)
Note that this is all I can think of so it’d be nice if anyone can suggest others (or even if they are gamer-friendly cafés/pubs/clubs without a function room). What I’d like to do is create a proper list of Edinburgh pubs that have free function rooms or are gamer-friendly – it’d be pretty useful as a resource too for anyone gaming in Edinburgh. The list may be incorrect so it’d be useful if anyone can provide me with more info.
What would be useful to know is:
- Do they serve food, e.g. snacks or bar meals?
- Do they allow under-18s on the premises?
- What’s the capacity of the pub or room?
- Is there a bar?
- Whether there is a function room or not.
- Gamer-friendly e.g. allows playing of games (board, card, RPG, etc.)?
- Is it any good, i.e. on a score of 1-5?
Obviously this will very much be an ongoing work – I’m focussing on the Edinburgh city centre as this is the easiest place for most of us to get to!